Sunday 3 June 2012

Jubilee Upcycled Bunting!

There seems to be a national shortage of bunting so we decided to create our own! Ethically of course... Now I don't normally like to blog about crafty home made things- there are hundreds of blogs out there that cover this so don't expect anymore of this from me! But I'm afraid I couldn't resist posting about my bunting because I am rather proud of it and thought a Jubilee themed post was necessary for this weekend. 




We decided to make ours out of an old newspaper which we painted with some water colours we had knocking about the attic. It was a really fun family activity for the Jubilee weekend! And the benefit of making your own is that you can paint whatever you like onto it. Not only do we have the Union Jack but the English, Scottish and Manx flags too (sorry Wales, too tricky!). We also made our bunting more cheerful by including some originally coloured Union Jacks too!

I don't know about you, but I really enjoyed watching the Flotilla on the TV this afternoon and we all got into the spirit of it. We particularly enjoyed the drenched choir of The Philharmonic Orchestra who carried on singing fantastically and joyfully despite the downpour! I can't wait for the rest of the weekend's events!




No comments:

Post a Comment